Adopted by the 1709th Administrative Council on 03 JUN 2015
The present Implementation Regulations Governing Research Ethics Governance Framework (the present Regulations) are prescribed, on the basis of the “Human Subjects Research Act,” the “Operational Guidelines for Grants to Thematic Research Projects” of the Ministry of Science and Technology, and other relevant regulations, by the Chinese Culture University (“the University”) for proper execution of human subject research.
For the purpose of the present Regulations, human subject research referred herein is either of the following types:
- Human subject research: refers to research involving acquisition, investigation, analysis, or use of human specimens or an individual person’s biological behavior, physiological, psychological, genetic or medical information; and,
- Humanity research: refers to research having an individual or group as the subject and using observation, intervention, and interaction methods or using personal data delinked from personal identifier without the individual’s approval to engage, in relation to the individual or group, in systematic investigations or knowledge exploration activities in any professional discipline.
In order to formulate research ethics guidelines of the University and to review research ethics provisions, a Research Ethics Consultative Committee shall be established and establishment guidelines therefor shall be prescribed separately.
In order to plan and handle research ethics reviews for the University, a Research Ethics Review Committee shall be established and establishment guidelines therefor shall be prescribed separately.
In order to execute resolutions of the Research Ethics Consultative Committee of the University and to assist in administrative affairs, education and training of the Research Ethics Review Committee, a Research Ethics Center shall be established under the Office of Research and Development.
- The Research Ethics Center shall be provided with a director, who shall, by recommendation of the Office of Research and Development and upon approval by the Research Ethics Consultative Committee, be appointed by the President to serve a two-year term, which is renewable upon consecutive appointments.
- The Research Ethics Center shall be provided with several administrative staff members, which shall execute the relevant tasks and be educated and trained for such purpose.
- The Research Ethics Center shall stipulate a set of rules for operations.
Outlays for promotion of research ethics shall be budgeted for by the Office of Research and Development.
The present Regulations and any amendment thereto shall be implemented upon being adopted by the Academic Review Committee and the Administrative Council.
- In case of any discrepancies between the Chinese original and this translation, the Chinese original shall prevail.