Adopted by the 1703th Administrative Council on 07 JAN 2015
Amended and Adopted by the 1709nd Administrative Council on 03 Jun 2015
Amended and adopted by the 1747nd Administrative Council on 08 Aug 2018
- The present Guidelines are prescribed by the Chinese Culture University
(“the University”) to incentivize faculty members to cooperate with
businesses to jointly provide students with guidance in engaging in industry
internships, thereby enhancing practical abilities of the students and
improving their employability and competitiveness.
- Any fulltime faculty member of the University who cooperates with a business in providing internship opportunities and in jointly guiding students can submit an internship project proposal to the Office of Research and Development to apply for a grant. The internship program which is part of the curriculum or practical trainings offered by the pertinent department/graduate schools is not eligible for this grant.
- An internship project summited for application shall include items such as target students of the internship project targets, the name of the internship institution, number of hours and duration of the internship, number of placements, eligibility criteria and application procedures, pre-internship counseling, mechanism for joint guidance during the internship, internship performance evaluation, internship insurance, and shall comply with the “Regulations Governing On-campus and Off-campus Student Internships” and the “Implementation Guidelines for On-campus and Off-campus Student Internships” of the University. Guidance shall be provided to non-employed students, the number of placements shall be at least five for domestic internship and at least 2 for overseas; the implementation duration shall be at least two months for domestic internship and at least 1 month for overseas.
- A project proposal or project result shall be submitted within 1 month upon termination of the internship by the project coordinator to the Office of Research and Development and then submitted to the Academic Development Committee for review.
- For the industry internship project approved upon review by the Academic Review Committee, a grant of 15,000 NTD per project may be awarded to the project coordinator to execute the project. The total number of grants awarded in any given year shall be adjusted on the basis of the annual budget of that year. Each faculty member shall be awarded no more than two grants per year.
- For any project receiving a grant, the project coordinator shall sign an agreement on behalf of the University with the placement institution, the internship opportunities shall be announced for all undergraduate students to apply. The contents of such agreement shall be in compliance with the specifications as set out in the “Regulations Governing On-campus and Offcampus Student Internships” and in the “Implementation Guidelines for Oncampus and Off-campus Student Internships” of the University.
- For any project receiving a grant, an original copy of the agreement signed with the placement institution, a roster of the student interns, and internship performance evaluation shall be provided by the project coordinator within 6 weeks upon termination of the internship project to facilitate appropriation of funds.
- The present Guidelines and any amendment thereto shall be promulgated and implemented upon being adopted by the Academic Development Committee and the Administrative Council.
※ In case of any discrepancies between the Chinese original and this translation, the Chinese original shall prevail.